If you are interested in a possible franchise opportunity with Petland please complete the form from the link below. The form will be submitted to our Franchise Development team for their evaluation. After careful examination a member of our team will contact you directly.
Petland Franchisee Qualification Criteria
- Franchisee must communicate an understanding that pets are valuable beyond the monetary cost required to acquire them and that good stewardship and care of pets are not measured out or delivered based on a pet's monetary value.
- Franchisee must possess the physical stamina to be active in the operation of the Petland store for a high percentage of the store's operating hours for six months to one year, or until an effective team of associates, managers named to key store positions, can deliver the high standards of operation required to run an efficient and profitable store in the physical absence of the franchisee.
- Franchisee must demonstrate a high level of communication, articulating a clear vision of how they will operate their Petland retail location with regard to customer service, animal care and store presentation. The franchisee's visionary statement also must address the development of pet counselors and animal care technicians, who they employ.
- Franchisee must demonstrate via their business history, educational history or other life experiences the following management and leadership skills at an above-average competency level:
- Planning and organizing resources of capital, time and people
- Financial resource management as well as reporting, monitoring and use of financial reports and tools to define strategies and tactics to operate a business efficiently and profitably
- Personnel recruiting, screening, interviewing, hiring and developing effective associates to execute prescribed and precise tasks within measurable, established guidelines
- Franchisee must document a history of success via career or academic promotions, sales increases, profit increases or other measurable key performance indicators.
- Franchisee must demonstrate a history of a good work ethic, excellent character and sound judgment, as reflected by personal and professional references.
- Franchisee must provide proof of financial capability and credit worthiness to fund the development and costs associated with opening a new turn-key Petland franchise or to acquire an established Petland store.
If you are interested in working at one of our Petland locations, please download and complete the application below and bring it to the Petland location nearest you.